Don't Make Me Come Up With a Title. My Brain is Mush.

I guess I might as well blog since it's one of the few things I can do while holding a baby and bouncing him on my leg. Oh, good. Before I could finish typing that sentence with one hand, the paci came flying out and the crying has begun again.

Okay...fast forward a few days and I'm now on the fourth sentence of this exciting post. This is the fabulous day of the year when you gain an hour. And what have I decided to do with that hour? Sit in front of this computer and try to come up with something interesting to say. What should I be doing with this hour? Sleeping! I'm sure the moment I hit "Publish Post," provided I actually get that far, Sleepy Sam will become Wide-Awake Sam. (That would be so much better if I had an "s" word for Wide-Awake.)

It's amazing how many funny and inspiring posts I've come up with in my head over the past weeks. However, everytime I dose off to sleep while nursing Sweet Sam, I think the reset button in my brain gets pushed and every cognisant thought I've had in the last four hours gets erased. And I'm left with nothing. Seriously, my brain is mush. And who has time for blogging when you have a newborn and a very cranky two-year-old screaming at you simultaneously? Note to self: Add those big ear protector/headphone things that people on airport runways wear to your Christmas list.

Really, though, I had this really great life lesson that God showed me through the behavior of one of my children that I was planning on making into a totally fabulous post, and now I can't remember what that child did, or what the life application was, or even which child it was. Mush, I'm telling you. Did you know I was valedictorian? Oh, how far I've fallen.

So, a quick update on our family of six. (How in the world did we become a family of six? That's a rhetorical question, if you're wondering.) Chris is continuing his stint as champion bath-giver of the family. I don't want to infringe on his winning streak, so I've tried to stay clear of the bathroom.

Maddie made all A's on her first report card with real grades. She'll probably go on to be valedictorian like her mother, and then have a few kids and not be able to remember their names, much less how to do calculus.

Jack got to ride in an ambulance for the first time in his life...and hopefully the last. It was all quite dramatic. I've taken my kids to the doctor MANY times, but none of them has ever left in an ambulance. He was a little freaked out at first, but by the time he left the hospital that night, he declared the whole experience to be fun. What else could the verdict be after a day where you get to ride in a vehicle while also in a bed, watch tv all night without interruption, and flirt with all the nurses? And when you top it all off with a trip to Burger King, it's really the best day a kid could ask for. He's fine, by the way.

Luke is...well, he's two. I love him and do not want to say anything that might damage his reputation as a sweet cutie-pie, so I'll just leave it at that. I will add that he made an adorable Luke Skywalker at the Fall Festival. Too bad he got grounded from trick-or-treating the night before. Yes. I grounded my two-year-old from trick-or-treating. Either I'm the meanest mom ever or he was having a remarkably bad behavior day (which could have actually been a whole weekend or week or -hopefully not - month). I'll let you decide.

Sam is getting fat, and I couldn't be more excited. Unfortunately, with the weather cooling off (FINALLY!), he is covered in clothes much too often for me to get in all of my fat roll gazing time in. I think one day this week I'll have to crank the heat up and keep him in a onesie all day so I can pinch his legs anytime I feel like it.

And me? Well, I have more to be thankful for than any girl could ask for, but I have a hard time being thankful for it in the midst of sickness and crying and cooking and cleaning. I find myself longing for a vacation, but I know if I had one, I'd just miss my everyday life. I think. I have a faithful prayer partner who I know God sent me to get me through these long days and keep me focused on Him as much as possible. I pretty much feel like everything in my life is being done halfway, but I'm trying to tell myself it's just a season. Sam's snuggles are precious. Luke's words are hilarious. Jack's observations on life never cease to amaze me. Maddie's girliness is so fun. Chris's hard work is inspiring and appreciated. Life is good. Crazy, but good.

In approximately five and a half weeks, I will do a very cute post of my kids in their Fall Festival costumes. Right after I get my house clean. Don't hold your breath.

(I realize this post is probably full of grammatical errors. Please reference paragraph four.)

Comments

Popular Posts