Summertime Yum

If I were a good blogger, I'd have a very well-taken photograph of the recipe I'm about to post. The problem is, it's so yummy that we inhale it before I can even think of getting the camera. See?



It's healthy enough that I don't feel too guilty about it, though it's still pretty packed with calories, I imagine. Who wants to add that up?

Another wonderful thing about this, besides the yumminess, is that the kids don't like it, so I don't have to share. Yay!

So, with no further ado, a recipe for my very own...

Peanut Butter Banana (and Chocolate) Smoothie

1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 1/2 ripe frozen bananas
1-2 tablespoons plain yogurt (though I'm sure vanilla would work, too)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1-2 squares of dark chocolate (I use the Ghirardelli baking bar)
1-2 tablespoons flax seed (just to sound healthy)
a handful of spinach (see above - you can't taste it)
a handful of ice cubes (or ice crescents, because who actually  has cubes anymore?)
(I've also added a tablespoon of honey, but it's good without it and fewer calories)

Put it in a good blender (not the cheap ones that get overheated when you try to blend soft butter) and blend it up!

Really, you can just throw in whatever amount looks good of all that stuff. I'm not usually very exact, and it always turns out yummy. It's like drinking a frozen Reese's cup on a hot summer day. :)

Comments

Popular Posts