Leaving on a Jet Plane

It's really late, and we're still up! Why does this always happen? It doesn't matter how much I plan ahead or when I start packing, we always have tons of last minute stuff to do. I've been super busy and super blah, so I don't know that I'm in the best place spiritually for this trip, but I'm hoping to have time on the plane to focus and pray. By the way, we're going to St. Maarten to see if God wants us to do long-term ministry there.

I thought I might be freaking out at this point, but I'm just very even-keeled. I guess it's been coming for so long, I'm just tired of thinking about it and ready to do it. Our hope and prayer is that God will speak loudly and clearly to both of us as well as others who will be there with us. Hopefully, I won't freak out when we get there and become an emotional basketcase.

Everyone keeps asking, "Are you excited?" I'm not sure that's exactly the word I'd use to describe it, but we are full of anticipation. And I do have a secret hope that some of the trip might be just plain old fun. We'll see. I hope to update while we're gone for all five of you who might check in. Face it. You're worth it.

Well, I'll be leaving on a jet plane in less than 8 hours, so I guess I better get ready for a few very short and needed hours of sleep. See you in St. Maarten!

Comments

  1. Oh, please update when you can! I like your new background. Can't wait to see how this is all going to unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear from you! Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drat! I meant to call you yesterday! I will continue in prayer for you all. And for you and Cris to have some romance! Afterall you will be on a tropical island! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts