Father Loves Best

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! 
Matthew 7:7-11

In the past, I have believed things that are not true about God's character. I knew in my head that He loved me, but I displayed by my actions and attitudes my belief that He did not. But in one shining, blessed moment, I finally understood and truly believed that He does love me. A pure, shining, faithful, endless love that does not depend on me or my actions. It's totally founded in His own identity. It's in His very make-up. God is love.

That love has always been mirrored to me by my earthly father. I have been doubly blessed.

One of my most pressing desires for my children is for them to truly believe that their gentle, precious, holy Father in heaven loves them. No matter how they feel or act or how it seems, He loves them and can do nothing that is not founded in love toward them.


So as I hear them tell their exciting tales...


and see the pictures of the memories they made...


and watch the smiles on their little round faces...


and wash the dirt out of their fingernails and clothes...


and realize how much they look like their sweet Daddy...


I pray that they'll realize very early on that the love their Daddy shows them here on earth is but a faint shadow of the love their perfect Heavenly Father has for them.


See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!
1 John 3:1

Comments

Popular Posts