Full Moon

It's a full moon tonight. I'm totally not a full moon kind of person...you know, the ones who always comment about the full moon and all the crazy things that happen when it's out. I usually just enjoy its beauty and move on with life. But, tonight, I'd love to be the kind of person who goes into labor when it's a full moon. I have no idea if that's something that really happens or just one of those old wives' tales, but I'm totally up for it.

I'm usually one to try and enjoy the last days of pregnancy...the special moments with your baby nestled inside of you, the last times as a family of five, the moments when Luke is still my baby boy. But I'm over it. Really. I'm being as impatient as Jack waiting for...well, anything. I've never been this physically uncomfortable or unable to focus on anything besides getting this baby out of me. I think part of it is the anticipation of the hard parts. You know, the sleepless nights, the jealous two-year-old, the clothes that won't fit, the hormones. I get to the point where I'm ready to just dive in and tackle the challenges rather than wait on them with dread. And then there are the good parts, too. The fuzzy head, the sweet smell, the snuggles, the precious baby noises. I just feel like it's time, but Sam doesn't seem to agree so far. So, I guess I'll just wait, knowing that soon he will be here, and it will be impossible to remember what our family was like without him.

Comments

  1. I hope it happens 2nite!!! I tagged you in a meme on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...I remember hoping for the exact same thing last year! It doesn't help when every person that you see says, "you know tonight's a full moon" either. Just so you know, I didn't go into labor on the night of the full moon last year, but it DID happen 3 days later. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts