Randomness

I haven't been having any particularly deep or funny thoughts lately. It's been a pretty humdrum week and then today I felt so inspired after Bible study to blog only to realize I'd already written the post I felt inspired about here. Bummer. How could I have realized and written something so great (the realization from God, not the writing) only to totally lose sight of it and have to relearn it a month later? I think I'm a remedial disciple.

Funny how God spoke to me so clearly through Abraham and Isaac, then put me through a little test of my own (it's actually an ongoing test) only to have me fail. That stinks. I seem to freak out, fail the test, and need a meltdown about quarterly, so steer clear of me in March. It could be rough.

I'm still up to date on my read through the Bible in a year attempt. Sad to say, but this is the longest I've kept it going. But, God willing, I think I'm going to make it this time. Unfortunately I am not a Bible scholar and I am lost and bored in the book of Job. The first couple chapters are great, as are the last, but I haven't figured out God's purpose in all the middle ones yet. I know He has one, I'm just not smart enough to figure it out. I guess He has that lesson on hold for me right now.

Another random thought: What would make a 23-month-old child think he doesn't need a decent nap anymore? Luke is cute and lovable (and a good helper around the house, obviously), but a good sleeper he is not. I completely disagree with his stance on sleep, but he doesn't seem to care at all.

Well, I'm out of all thoughts, inspiring or not, and I have a screaming child, so I guess I will leave this extremely dull entry and spare us all any further misery. Hopefully I'll be back soon with something brilliant, amusing, or thought-provoking. Or not.

Comments

Popular Posts