Hallelujah!


So Luke just came inside, excited that he'd waved and said hello to our neighbor and gotten a wave from him. Then, as if it's an afterthought, he looks down at the snap on his blue jeans and asks, "Will you clip this..." (meaning, will you snap this?) "...because I tee-teed outside. It got on my head and on my pants." Sure enough, there's a wet spot in his hair! So, naturally, I had to ask, "How did tee-tee get in your hair?" "Oh, it was just being silly." Of course it was. This all begs the question, "Just what did you wave to the neighbor with?"

In other exciting news, at the ripe old age of 34 1/2, after being married for 13 years, and having given birth to four children, I feel that I can finally consider myself a real wife and mom. Take a look at this:





Yes, that is real homemade bread that I made by myself without a bread maker, and it's actually good! And pretty, too. I don't say any of this to brag. I share it because I'm shocked and excited and thankful to God for answering my and Luke's prayer for the bread to actually rise! Yay!


So since I was feeling so bold and brave, we decided to tackle a new homemade pizza crust recipe and...score again! It was yummy and pretty, too! What better combination is there than yummy and pretty?


I feel that I've reached another level of homemakerdom. Now I just have to do it again the next time. And look better when the picture is taken. I'm debating whether or not to leave this on here, but just to make you feel better, I'll leave with you the fact that I was not able to bake, do laundry, AND look good all in the same day.


Comments

  1. Wow Amy! Can I come over for bread and pizza? Homemade bread is one of my love languages. Mine never rises. Will you give a class? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO good! Mom used to make homemade bread and there's just nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is that I about spit cereal out of my mouth when I read "Just what did you read to the neighbor with?" Too funny.
    Are you bringing some bread to accountability tonight because I think that would be a great snack for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive, Amy! I am having a bread basket giveaway this week! You need to hop on over and enter. :) And the pizza ... oh my! YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy! You've gotta teach me to make pizza from scratch. Send me your recipe? Is it cheaper? It looks so big and pretty-yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts