Time for Thanks - Day I'm-Behind!

I realize that I'm days behind on my thanksgiving deal, but with very good reason. I have just experienced something that I am incredibly thankful for, but it was so much fun that I'm exhausted. So, I'll leave you with this quick note of thankfulness and maybe, sometime, I will get to unload the mother lode of all thanks-worthy weekends.

Before the weekend, though, I had this to be thankful for...


What is this, you ask, and why am I thankful for it?

If you must know, I'm grateful for the visual reminder to give thanks, right in the middle of our sometimes chaotic house. Sometimes you just need to be reminded to be thankful for all the screaming munchkins that live with you.

Also, I'm thankful for proof that I'm not completely inept when it comes to crafts. I am not a crafty girl. I do not have the required creativity, skill, or desire to be truly crafty, but I do seem to be able to produce what must be one of the simplest crafts known to the internet. On average, I do one craft per decade, so I'm good for a while.

As I reflect on this fabulous craft, I'm thankful for a mom who will retrieve burlap from the ends of the earth for me so that I can be crafty. And I'm also grateful for one certain man who would rather keep his craftiness under wraps (in an effort to maintain his manly reputation) but who was vital to me in the craft-making process. He can hot-glue with the best of them and makes a mean pot of decaf to make Craft Night cozy and perfect. I can't say for sure, but I think he actually enjoyed helping me. He could say that because he knows he most likely won't be called on to help me craft again for another 10-12 years.

And you can be thankful that this post riddled with various forms of the word "craft" is over, and by the time I'm ready to document my next craft, blogs will probably be obsolete. Or I will have shut mine down because I lost all my readers due to boring posts like this.

Comments

  1. Way to go Amy and Chris, oops, I mean that manly man who secretly helped you with your crafts. That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still reeling over Chris' facebook post from this same day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's what happens when you leave your iPad lying around when you're on a trip with Nathan Jones. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts